5.31.2007

together is a wonderful place to be...

We moved into our home one year ago today. What a blessing this little house has been—I love it more everyday. I love it not because it is the perfect house, but because it is perfect home for us. When I look back on the pictures of the house before we moved in, I’m amazed at how nice everything looks—and how bare! Now when I look around, I see a home lived in and loved on…a perfect place to be together.


Home is the one place in all this world where hearts are sure of each other. It is the place of confidence. It is the place where we tear off that mask of guarded and suspicious coldness which the world forces us to wear in self-defense, and where we pour out the unreserved communications of full and confiding hearts. It is the spot where expressions of tenderness gush out without any sensation of awkwardness and without any dread of ridicule. ~Frederick W. Robertson


* a few pictures from before we moved in *


6 comments:

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Oh, your home is so beautiful and comfy. I just love it! I remember your post about hardwood floors and shoes; I completely understand. Who would want to mark those beautiful floors? Congrats on the one-year anniversary!!

Jen said...

Amy...
I love reading this post because it so clearly expresses how I feel about our new home! I can't wait to reflect on our first year (it goes by SO fast)! Hope all is well! I would love to get in a walk before Nick and I head to camp!

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

Lived in and loved on... So true!

I'm feeling nostalgic and homey this week, too - what is going on? :)

One year...congratulations! May the Lord bless you with many, many more full years of making home wherever you and your family are.

Wendy said...

What a great perspective... I feel the same way about our house. It's perfect for us.

You'll have to share some after pictures w/us.

Anonymous said...

I love your house :) Its so cute.

Vicky

Aleah said...

I love your house also!
It is so cute and quaint.

About Me

My Photo
*WIFE* to a great man *MAMA* to Parker, Griffin & Hollyn *BLESSED* to be living out this dream & always... longing to be *LOVELY*

Our Family

Our Family

Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved