10.10.2006

Praying Parker

It has been so fun having Joel home with us this past month or so. Parker has become quite a Daddy's boy--which I think is just great because next month, I'll be the favorite! Parker has also become quite spiritual lately:) In all seriousness, I believe children have a unique relationship with our creator and are able to recognize God in all sorts of ways that adults have lost since childhood. As parents, we have this special opportunity to relive that wonder with our children--if we allow it. It has been interesting to see Parker try to imitate some of our daily practices.

  • Praying- Parker likes to get us to pray with him all the time. We hold hands and bow our heads and after many, many prayers, we have to start to be creative and thank God for Parker's teeth or something like that because it seems like we've prayed for everything else (I know...totally not possible)! Parker peeks all the time but he tries really hard to focus on the prayer! He likes to say, "amen".
  • Reading the bible- Parker will often drag Joel's bible over and ask over and over to be read to. Joel does and it makes me so proud. Even though Joel tells me that it is because Parker really wants the pen that is inside the bible, I choose to believe that Parker wants to hear the bible stories.
  • Musical praise- We keep Parker with us during the first part of the church service so he can be a part of worshipping God through music. Parker gets into a sort of trance when the music starts and just doesn't snap out of it! He waves his hands in the air like a mad-man and plays air drum like none other. The head-bop is also something else. I love how free he feels to express himself...t is such a great reminder for me!

6 comments:

Kelsey said...

What an encouragement to you as a mother to see that you are raising your son in a way that glorifies God! You should be so proud of your little boy and of the values that you have already installed in him. That Piker is just too cute for words! He has a hold of my heart and I know that he is, and always will be, my favorite Little Man!
Love you,

Kels

P.S. Today was a good day. :)

Kelsey said...

I didn't mean to say "installed!" The word I meant to write was "instilled."

Gina said...

amy, that is so adorable that he likes to pray! how fun that joel is home with you for a while... glad you're having a good time with that :) and i love the lazy bones post... its hilarious how babie's have their personalities in the womb - i remember you talking about how active parker was and he IS! i can't wait to meet your next baby and so excited that i'll get to come and see you in the hospital cause i'll be home in spokane! WOO HOO. i tottaly miss you amy. I want to call you sometime soon :) love, gina

Gina said...

and my babie's have their personalites... totally wrong grammar, but my mind is gone and i can't go back and figure out how to say it right HA HA

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Devyn loves to pray too and you and I share the same philosophy regarding worship. Devyn always stays with us during the worship portion, unless of course, we're running late... Its wonderful to meet other Christian moms who are, as Kelsey said, trying to instill Godly values in our children. Thumbs up Mommy!

Anonymous said...

I love that Parker is praying and wants to be read to from the Bible. My youngest is 18 months and just started folding her hands to pray at the table. I completely agree w/what you said about children having a special relationship w/God. I just shared my testimony recently and referred to that in there.

About Me

My Photo
*WIFE* to a great man *MAMA* to Parker, Griffin & Hollyn *BLESSED* to be living out this dream & always... longing to be *LOVELY*

Our Family

Our Family

Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved