8.04.2006

Five Ingredient Friday

Pizza Friday

Joel and I used to always make pizza together on Friday every week. This tradition is slowly coming back into play after about a year hiatus as we were moving from place to place and didn't have our beloved pizza stone!

We make our dough in our breadmaker on the dough/pasta setting. This 1.5 lb crust actually has 6 ingredients but we just won't count the water as one:)

7-8 oz of water
1/2 tea. coarse salt
2 Tbl. olive oil (or canola oil for a flakier crust)
2 Tbl. honey (this is my secret ingredient!)
3 cups flour
1.5 tea. active dry yeast

Combine all ingredients into bread pan. Select Dough/Pasta setting. Press Start/Stop. When the unit signals and the display reads 0, press Start/Stop and remove dough.

Spread a few Tbl. of cornmeal onto a pizza stone or pizza pan. Pat dough into pan and let stand for 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spread desired sauce and garnishes on top and bake 15-20 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.

Here is a little extra tip for making some excellent pizza sauce:

1 can tomato sauce (I think 12 oz or so)
1 little can tomato paste
1 Tbl. Italian seasoning
2 cloves crushed garlic
1/4 tea. sugar
1/2 tea. salt

Combine all ingredients together and then simmer on low for about 10 minutes. This makes enough sauce for two pizzas.

*We actually cooked our pizza on the grill a few weeks ago and we loved it!

For more five ingredient recipes, visit Overwhelmed With Joy...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Amy! I'm totally trying this recipe this weekend. Ironically, I was just telling Oronzo earlier this week that I wanted to make homemade pizza from scratch, using our breadmaker to make the dough. I was just going to use the recipe in my breadmaker recipe book but yours sounds so much yummier!

I'll be giving this a try.

Thanks for participating in my Friday recipe exchange. :)

Anonymous said...

wow, that bread and sauce sounds exellent! Yet another reason why I want a breadmaker! Thanks for sharing that!

Anonymous said...

I love using honey in recipes. This I will definitely try. We LOVE pizza in our house and thanks for the sauce recipe as well.

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely one of my favorite recipes of yours! I have so many memories associated with eating pizza on Friday nights in your little apartment when I came to visit! I can't wait to try this when I move into my new apartment! Love you.

Anonymous said...

You know, I hardly ever stop to think I can use my bread machine for something like this. And I just bought the Pampered Chef pizza stone. So I can so do this.

Congratulations on your pregnancy, by the way. And I've always heard that girls' heartbeats are a little slower than boys'. Hmmm?

Anonymous said...

Pizza sounds good :) I'll have to try it.Thanks for the recipe.Have a great weeked.Take care

:)Vicky

Anonymous said...

Amy...thanks for the idea! Nick and I love cooking together! We are planning on having it this Saturday (our day off)! Hope all is well! :)

Anonymous said...

Found your site through "tales of a crafty mama"...this recipe sounds so good. also, looking through your posts it sounds like you have a delightful little family...i will definitely be back to visit!

Anonymous said...

I love this recipe! And I am going to have to try your recipe for sauce...I haven't found one we love yet.

Can't wait to see you!!!

About Me

My Photo
*WIFE* to a great man *MAMA* to Parker, Griffin & Hollyn *BLESSED* to be living out this dream & always... longing to be *LOVELY*

Our Family

Our Family

Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved