8.09.2006

Baby on my mind...


I've got serious baby-brain right now. I keep thinking about this little one...how big it is right now, if it is a boy or girl, what we should name him/her. So many thoughts and still so much time!! We've found a girl name that we really love and we have had a boy name but now we're not so sure. It was totally the other way around with Parker! So, needless to say, I do a bit of searching online about my current favorite subject.

I really like the Social Security Administration website. You can see what the most popular baby names were for a specific year and even search for a specific name to see what it ranked for a span of years. Very interesting. I find myself searching friend's names, just out of curiousity! I don't really care if our baby has a sorta popular name...just not in the top 20 or something...and certainly not made-up:) I also frequent this fetal development site that I found when pregnant with Parker. It is so interesting to see how the baby grows and mom's body changes. I think it is funny to see how the intestines have to move out of the way!!

Anyway, this is what I do in my spare time and I thought I'd share these great sites!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice! I can't wait to hear what your baby is named!!! :) Baby-brain is so fun. :) thanks for updating your blog finally. HA HA. love, gina

Anonymous said...

Cute picture of you two!
I checked out the s.s. site. Very interesting! I was relieved in a way that Ella wasn't on that list ; )
Checked out the other site too... I found it quite funny that the ladies chest grew too...of course that's what happens!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cousin Amy! I found your blog through Brandon & Rachel's... I wish you would have told me about it! I love being able to watch Parker grow, even though I don't see you and Joel as often as I would like!

So I checked out the SSA site and learned that Jennifer was not only the most popular name in 1982 (the year I was born) but it was the #1 baby name for girls from 1970-1984! Wow, I feel so un-original! :) Iiss you guys alot! Hope to see you soon! Love, Jenni

Anonymous said...

Cute picture :) Can't wait to hear what name you have for Baby Randall #2 .Take care & Talk to you soon

:) Vicky

Anonymous said...

That is seriously the cutest picture ever of you and Parker! I love it! And speaking of cute...you are so cute talking about your new baby :) I love that fetal development site- I remember you telling me about it when I was pregnant. And I can't wait to hear what your new little ones name is! Its a good thing that you have a girl name that you are in love with, b/c I still think that's what you're having...! See you soon!

Anonymous said...

hi amy!

you're going to love these sites!
Baby's Named a Bad, Bad Thing:
http://www.notwithoutmyhandbag.com/babynames/index.html

and I looooove this one:
http://babynamewizard.com/namevoyager/lnv0105.html

check them out the next time you have a few minutes (or more - because oh my gosh they're fun!)

Anonymous said...

oh, and another thing...? i'm so glad you're nice. if i saw you i'd totally think, "oh please. she's too pretty for her own good and is probably a big snot."

isn't that nice? but really, that's what i'd think. so 'm glad i 'met' you first at my blog and THEN saw the ridiculous gorgeousness here, because that made a difference.

(because yes. i am a freak. )

About Me

My Photo
*WIFE* to a great man *MAMA* to Parker, Griffin & Hollyn *BLESSED* to be living out this dream & always... longing to be *LOVELY*

Our Family

Our Family

Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved