6.09.2006

The perfect balance

I grew up with the word "balance" running through my head everyday. So many times, conversations with my family ended up coming back to the concept of balance. Balance in relationships, faith, world view, time management....everything. I feel like whenever I give someone advice, my guidance frequently involves this idea. I don't want to be an extreme anything. Now I'm thinking that maybe I'm obsessed with it!

Maybe this is normal and maybe it isn't. Right now, I'm struggling to find balance in my schedule. I feel like I'm either too busy or not busy enough. Everyday, I wake up and try to figure out the perfect ratio of alone time/social time/Parker time/family time, etc. And then, at the end of the day, I typically feel like I haven't given enough time to one area! Seeing this in writing makes me feel a bit neurotic. Oh no. Basically, I'm announcing to the online world that I need to relax a little bit and give up some of my control over this issue! I wouldn't want to become an extremist ;)

A few pictures that I love...


A recent family picture
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Joel and Parker playing in the rain
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Parker showing off his skills with great intensity
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate, Amy! One of my good friends, Julie, recently wrote a really great post about this that was super encouraging and motivating to me. Her blog address is: therisingblue.typepad.com, and the post is called "My Rhythms". I love her perspective on finding balance.
P.S. It was so great to talk to you yesterday! Although it made me miss you more :) Oh, and thank you for your sweet defensiveness to me on my blog- I erased those nasty comments!

Anonymous said...

Yes I think of balance often too. From coffee to parenting. Sun exposure with & w/o sunscreen (vit. D). Alone time and kid time. It's all about moderation, right?!

VERY cute family pictures! We miss your family over on this side and can't wait to see you soon over on that side!

Anonymous said...

hey amy! I loved your pictures. you 3 are such a good looking family. I love family pictures... :) I liked your blog and content. thanks for posting on it cause i love it every morning. Grant it out of town for the weekend and i miss him............. :( boo hoo. See you soon! love, gina

Anonymous said...

I like your added "good books" section- and I love that picture of Parker!! I miss you too and I also love that Clorox spray! :)

About Me

My Photo
*WIFE* to a great man *MAMA* to Parker, Griffin & Hollyn *BLESSED* to be living out this dream & always... longing to be *LOVELY*

Our Family

Our Family

Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved