6.16.2006

Five Ingredients Friday

Overwhelmed With Joy!: Five Ingredients Friday

Visit this link to visit to find out more about this post!

Smoked Turkey Panini-Everyday with Rachael Ray June/July 2006

I made this the other day for my husband and I and we've found a new meal for the rotation...love it!

4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
2 Granny Smith apples--peeled, quartered, cored and thinly sliced
1 loaf of Italian bread, cut into 4 equal pieces, then each cut in half lengthwise
1/2 lb smoked Gouda cheese, grated (I used smoked cheddar because I'm sort of regular:)
1/2 lb thinly sliced deli smoked turkey

1. In a grill pan over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. Cook the apples until just softened, about 5 minutes. Remove the apples from the pan and reserve; don't clean the pan.

2. Top each of the 4 bread bottoms with one-fourth of the cheese, turkey and one-fourth of the chees, turkey and cooked apples, and the bread tops.

3. Melt 1/2 tablespoon of butter in the grill pan over medium heat. Add 1 sandwich and place a heavy pan on top of it to press it down. Grill for 3 minutes, pressing down occasionally, then turn over and continue cooking until the bread is toasted and the cheese has melted, about 2 minutes more. Grill the remaining sandwiches, adding another 1/2 tablespoon of butter each time before grilling.

Yummy!




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy! I love Rachael Ray's show on Food Network! hanks for sharing this recipe. I'll have to try it sometime. And best of all, I don't need one of those fancy panini sandwich makers that they try to sell you at Bed Bath & Beyond! :)

Thanks for participating Amy! Hope to see another of your favorites next Friday!

Anonymous said...

Dear Amy
I am very pleased I found your found your Blog by accident. You have a warm relaxed style that is very interesting. Your post on the pros and cons of blogging were exactly the same reasons that I thought of. I will definitely be coming back, thank you for sharing your life.
Regards Jenny

Anonymous said...

Yummy, I'm such a HUGE fan of Rachael Ray. Thanks for sharing, I can't wait to try it :)

Mine is up too :)

Anonymous said...

Amy, that sounds so good! I am going to have to try it out on Erik :)

Anonymous said...

That sounds so great! Very yummy.

About Me

My Photo
*WIFE* to a great man *MAMA* to Parker, Griffin & Hollyn *BLESSED* to be living out this dream & always... longing to be *LOVELY*

Our Family

Our Family

Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved