6.19.2006

Summer Days...

Sunday was such a great summer day for us. And why not, it was Father's Day, of course! Parker and I pretty much ate blueberries and cheese all day, which I thought was very well-rounded nutrition:) We went to church, worked in the yard, cleaned the house, took a walk, let Parker play in the park, and ate outside for dinner. We really ate outside for dinner...even Parker's highchair was outside! We made fajitas on the grill, which I would highly recommend! We just got a grill so we're newbies at this whole cooking out thing, but I think we're a mighty fine team. I'm going to document what I did so I can duplicate it sometime!

Summer Day Fajitas

4 whole wheat tortillas
Grated Cheddar and Jack cheese
1 lb. chicken, diced
2 bell peppers (yellow, orange, or red) cut into slivers
1 sweet onion cut into slivers
Fajita seasoning
Cooking oil spray
Foil

1. Spray two sheets of foil with oil spray and place chicken on one piece of foil. Cover with fajita seasoning and mix well. Make a pocket with the foil and place on the grill for 20-25 minutes.

2. Repeat foil process for veggies. Season veggies with fresh ground pepper, sea salt and garlic powder. Grill for about 10-15 minutes.

3. Combine all edible ingredients (plus your favorite garnishes) in a tortilla and enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm putting this on my menu for this week! :)

Anonymous said...

I love how you're posting all these recipes! Thanks for sharing!
P.S. Loved talking to you this AM!

Anonymous said...

Nick and I love grilling...I am so excited to try the recipe! Thanks for inspiring me to try new things...I'm sure Nick thanks you too! :)

Anonymous said...

can't wait to grill with you guys and the amends :) thanks for coming over today. so much fun! love, gina

About Me

My Photo
*WIFE* to a great man *MAMA* to Parker, Griffin & Hollyn *BLESSED* to be living out this dream & always... longing to be *LOVELY*

Our Family

Our Family

Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved