5.16.2006

A Moment

I had "a moment" this morning. "A moment" is one of those times that nothing else seems to matter except what is happening right in front of you. Usually it involves a mini life lesson for me. Good stuff:)

I was drinking my coffee while watching Parker play with his toys. I was not all that happy to be awake as Parker decided to wake up at 5:15 this morning. This is way too early. I can do sixish but anything in the five range is too much. But I guess Parker changed my mind.

Parker is a fairly intense little boy and likes to do things perfectly. If he isn't perfect, frustration takes over. He was playing with his drum sticks and trying to place a rubber bracelet on one of them so he could twirl it around. This is a pretty difficult task to conquer but he did this for about 10 minutes or so. Everytime he was successful he would look up at me with a huge grin, full of pleasure. It melts my heart! I realized again that Parker has such an amazing spirit. He is so full of life...so playful, loving, and finds so much joy in every new (and not so new) experience. A big part of my role as Parker's mama is to nurture this spirit and not let it be broken. It sounds very simple but it isn't at all. How do you do this? Right now, my only answer for myself is to pray...a bunch. Hmmmmmm...so much to think about. More to come.

Here is Parker enjoying his little game.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy-girl. You are such an awesome mama! Parker is so blessed to have you!! Thanks for the reminder to stop and treasure the "moments" that I have with Audrey. Sometimes I get so busy with all the things I have to get done, that I forget to just stop and enjoy and nuture her.

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy! I love your house. Little Parker is so cute, almost as cute as Audrey! Your site is really nice looking, I like it. I am not a lurker, so you will hear from me occaisionally.
Linda, Andi's mom

About Me

My Photo
*WIFE* to a great man *MAMA* to Parker, Griffin & Hollyn *BLESSED* to be living out this dream & always... longing to be *LOVELY*

Our Family

Our Family

Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved