11.06.2007

Who needs a dog?

We always talked about getting a dog before having kids. I'm a nurturer at heart and I just wanted to take care of a little, needy creature! I was basically just impatient for motherhood and I didn't like God's timing at all! Well, now I'm thinking it was probably a good thing that our plans never worked out...because we sure don't need one now! I clean up enough poop and pee as it is and sure feel needed! Our house isn't suited for an animal and I'm not a big fan of dog hair. One of the things I thought would be nice about having a dog is that they clean up after meals under the table. Now we found another reason why we don't need a dog--we have Griffin! After we clean him up from meals, Griffin goes directly under the table and eats the scraps. It is a convenient situation for all of us ;)


I promise you, I didn't plan this.
While I was writing the above paragraph, Parker peed on the floor, took off his clothes and then proceeded to tell me that there was a poop too. Before I could get there, Griffin picked up the turd. Nice. Definitely no dog. But maybe a dog would be easier to train? Oh, my...

5 comments:

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Oh my goodness, I have never laughed out loud as I just did. A coworker even peeked in on me to see if I was ok. =) That is so disgusting and hysterical at the same time. Hey... the day can only get better from there, right?

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

PS Those are gorgeous wood floors. No wonder you don't want anyone to wear shoes inside. =)

Sarah said...

Oh yummy! Yuck! Is that what boys are made of or something? Although, I wouldn't put it past Chloe to take a taste of some "unknown brown substance" if she came accross it. I agree with Jenn, love the wood floors, but I bet you see every speck eh?
Love, Sarah

Melissa said...

ROFL! Oh dear! I so know what this is like. We have our fair share of children/poop stories. It is because I totally understand that this story totally had me rolling!

Aleah said...

Nice, real nice.
My stomach is turning remembering the stories we have here.

I think we may need a dog here now. None of our kids are crumb eaters anymore. sniff, sniff ; )

About Me

My Photo
*WIFE* to a great man *MAMA* to Parker, Griffin & Hollyn *BLESSED* to be living out this dream & always... longing to be *LOVELY*

Our Family

Our Family

Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved