11.01.2007

a halloween night...




We had another great Halloween spent with family and a lot of food! We have a bit of tradition on October 31...we have family over here for dinner (most items are pumpkin related) and we just spend time together and open the door for Trick or Treaters. We also get to ooohhh and aaaahhh over our very own little darlings. This year we had a bumble bee (Griffin), Superman (Parker), a princess (Miss Audrey), and an Elf (Elliot). I will try to post a picture of the four of them later today when my sister emails me the picture. I was a bit lazy again with my camera! I know I'm biased, but they seriously are the cutest little halloweeners I've ever seen. Did I just make up that word?



Our friend Dan brought over the greatest game for the boys...Elefun! I love it and so does Parker. Griffin....well, he tries to eat the elephant and the butterflies, but he'll get it in a while. But it keeps Parker occupied and he's learning how to do it himself--which is huge!


Here is my recipe for our special chili. I know it sounds strange, but believe me...most people love it. And it is super healthy too!

Pumpkin Black-Bean Chicken Chili

1 cup chopped onions
1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbsp. oil

1.5 tsp. dried oregano

2 tsp. chili powder

2 tsp. cumin

2 15 oz cans black beans, rinsed and drained

2.5 cups chopped chicken

16 oz can pumpkin
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
3 cups chicken broth
Bag of frozen corn
3 Tbl. brown sugar


1. Saute onions, yellow pepper, and garlic in oil for 8 minutes, or until soft.
2. Stir in oregano, cumin, and chili powder. Cook 1 minute. Transfer to slow cooker.
3. Add remaining ingredients.
4. Cover. Cook on low 7-8 hours.


4 comments:

Sarah said...

Halloweeners! I love it! Your boys are precious, as usual. And thanks for the recipe. I just copied it to my recipe file, sounds like a delicious fall chili!
Love ya!
Sarah

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Oh Amy! How beautiful are your boys?! What fun! Sounds like a wonderful evening with your family. (Is that your mom? She is so beautiful and youthful.) Great pictures!

Julie said...

The kids look really cute, and the recipe sounds great. I will definitely be trying that one.

Sounds like you had a great time.

julie

Wendy said...

My kids love that game!

Your boys look adorable in their outfits.

About Me

My Photo
*WIFE* to a great man *MAMA* to Parker, Griffin & Hollyn *BLESSED* to be living out this dream & always... longing to be *LOVELY*

Our Family

Our Family

Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved