7.23.2007

Relationships

Some weekends are full of chores and doing things we need to take care of around the house. For me, this was NOT one of those weekends....it was wonderful! Instead, I spent a lot of time with friends and family and feel genuinely recharged by these relationships...

*The boys and I took a drive on Saturday morning to go see my Grandma Marge. She lives about an hour an a half away, so I was able to just sit and talk with my dad during the drive. We don't get to do that very often so it was really fun! Nothing better than having a conversation with my dad without having to chase little boys around--love those car seats:)

*My grandma is almost 90 and no longer full of life. It was really good to see her because she loves seeing the boys and she has this very special affection for Parker...but it is also so hard to see someone in that state. I can't help but hope for a speedy trip home. However, it was really special to see her and we did see a little glitter in her eyes, a teeny bit of feisty behavior, and definitely her joy in seeing the boys. It was crazy seeing her and Griffin together--one so new and just starting out, and one so old...

*On our way back, we stopped for about a half an hour and spent some time with my Aunt Beth, Uncle Terry, my cousin and her children. We really don't spend that much time with them, but I really wish we did. I feel like my cousin and I are so similar in a lot of ways and could really hit it off if given the time. Funny how that happens.

*We spent Saturday afternoon with a dear friend who has recently returned home after a long time away. I can honestly say she is one of my very favorite people in the whole world. She's totally normal and so easy to talk to...but her heart is amazing and she sincerely loves people. She's got something special. After spending just a few hours with her, I again felt so honored to be her friend. I'm not going to say her name because she might feel embarrassed....I don't know. But I love her and I'm so glad she's home.

*After church on Sunday, we went out to my parent's house and spent the day with them. As always, so fun! We ate, talked, and played. We even went to the nearby Air Force base to see the airplanes and play on the playground. We had a great day!

*Phone calls, emails, even text messages from special friends from close by and far away. I love technology for this reason.

*And finally, late last night, my sister and I had a great, deep, sister to sister conversation over the phone. I've missed her and I am so glad we talked. Love you, Kels!

I love writing lists like these so I can look back at them later and look at the many amazing relationships God has blessed us with. I really do feel recharged and so thankful.

*I must add that I was able to enjoy this weekend like this because my wonderful husband spent the bulk of it working in our yard, making it look beautiful. He really is so amazing and he works so hard. Thank you, Joely.*

11 comments:

Jen said...

Amy! What an amazing weekend. I've actually been thinking a lot about relationships lately. I have a few friends who live pretty far away that I want to be better about keeping in touch with. I want those relationships to continue to grow.
Have a happy Monday!

Tammy said...

Oh my word Amy...I totally don't think I would have even recognized Grandma Marge if you hadn't said that was her! Sounds like you had a very nice family-filled weekend though!

Aleah said...

Nothing better than what you described in family and friends!
Glad you had a fun weekend!

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Oh, it sounds like a wonderfully blessed weekend. =) I just love those times when you can literally feel the Lord surrounding you with you blessings. =) Great pictures!

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

Oh, goodness, Amy - are you ever blessed to have family within driving distance like that!

I, too, would have cherished time in the car with my dad - I'm so glad you had that gift! And I can just imagine how incredible blessed your family felt to spend time with you and of course, your delightful boys.

Thanks for sharing your weekend with us! And thanks to Joel, for making it possible! :)

Anonymous said...

What a fun weekend!

-Vicky

Carrie said...

Sounds like we had similar weekends. Airplanes, family, and good friends. :)

Kelsey said...

I am just so blessed to have you as my sister! I loved talking to you the other night and having a heart to heart conversation...it is moments like those that make me treasure our relationship so very much! I love you!

Kels

Andi Mae said...

Your weekend sounds like so much fun! Of course, you were spending it with some of MY favorite people too :)

I'm going to try to email you today...

I love you!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun weekend full of many blessings. Love the pics.

Unknown said...

I love this post. The stuff you write about, I can relate to a lot. That's why I wish you lived in TEXAS!!! You are a blessing to so many!

Your friend in Texas,
Amanda

About Me

My Photo
*WIFE* to a great man *MAMA* to Parker, Griffin & Hollyn *BLESSED* to be living out this dream & always... longing to be *LOVELY*

Our Family

Our Family

Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved