5.09.2007

easy does it...

I don't want to actually say that we've adjusted to this new life of two children (because tomorrow I'll probably be throwing another tantrum or something), but I do have to say that things are feeling easier. We hit the three month mark on Monday and I am in a bit of a reflective mood...

The first month was tough for me because my recovery took so much longer than I expected. I really thought that I could just bounce back. Not the case. During the second month, I started feeling better physically, but the task of learning a whole new routine with two seemed enormous at times. Have I mentioned that I'm not good at change....oh, not at all! Around the two month mark, Griffin started sleeping most of the night and...WOW...how a little sleep changes perspective. This past month has had its ups and downs...but overall I feel like we've got a good routine going. I will never say that this gig is easy, but it feels like our "normal" now.

Something I didn't consider, though...Griffin needs his nap in his bed in the morning, or else:) and Parker needs his nap in the afternoon, or else:), so we basically have no opportunity to go out and do anything fun until about 3:30 or so. I asked a friend how long this fun stage should last..."Oh, about a year." A year! I'm going to have to think of some really fun at-home activities!

Some other things that are making life feel more manageable:

~I'm trying to eat healthier. I took about a 9 month hiatus from eating many veggies and I've recently decided that enough is enough...time to get serious! Back to eating healthy because I sure need the energy!
~I'm exercising again. I quit exercising about a week before Griffin was born and decided to take a little break for a while. Now I want it back! A friend and I have started walking about three miles around our park with all five of our kids (strollers, bikes, etc.) We get a chance to talk, get our exercise in, and then the kids get to play together at the playground.
~Joel has a new schedule. For the past six months Joel has worked eight days and then has had six days off. Sure sounds like a good gig, but it just wasn't working for all of us. Now Joel is on a more regular, Monday through Friday schedule, but he gets home just after four in the afternoon. I am thrilled and our afternoons are so fun!
~I love Griffin's age. Most people can't believe this, but I'm not a huge fan of the tiny newborn stage....at all! I love older babies because they are so much more interactive and their personalities start to shine. Plus, I think older babies are so much cuter! Griffin is officially out of the newborn, comatose stage and I am so into him! He is "talking" and playing...and I even got a good belly laugh out of him for the first time this week. I think it was patty cake that got him! When Griffin is playing with Joel and having a good time, he'll smile this huge grin and then look out of the corner of his eye to make sure I'm watching. "Look mama, I am so funny...aren't I cute!" Gets me every time. He sure knows how to work me:)
~I feel like someone is praying for my spiritual journey. Do you ever feel like that? I have been feeling so hungry for God and His Word lately. A deep hunger. I'm so excited about this! I feel like God is surely working...or at least I'm noticing it this time. Thank you to those who are praying. This is a passage I've been focused on lately...

*Goodness*Knowledge*self-control*perseverance*godliness*brotherly kindness*love*

His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them

You may participate in the divine nature

and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But if anyone does not have them, he is nearsighted and blind, and has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his past sins.

Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never fall, and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

2 Peter 1:3-11


5 comments:

Wendy said...

That is great that you are adjusting so well. I am the same way, I like it when the babies are a little older and more interactive.

I ordered Grace based Parenting today. I'm excited to start it. Thanks.

Sarah said...

GREAT passage, thank you for sharing! What a great reminder. And as for the whole adjustment to two, I hear you, it's tough at times, but then you have those moments of feeling like you've found your groove and it feels great. My patience with my oldest Emma is my biggest struggle right now. Knowing the line between a need for actual discipline and my own selfish frustration that MY world has been inconvenienced. The life lessons just keep coming don't they, we always have more growing to do. Thanks again for the post.
Sarah

Jennisa - Avery and Livvie's Mommy! said...

I felt the same way when I had Liv. I wasn't happy till she was about 6-8 weeks old. It was overwhelming! Glad you are enjoying motherhood more and more these days!

Aleah said...

Glad you're feeling like life is normal again! That's why I said "the 4 month mark is almost here" about one of your last posts. After each baby that's when things got REALLY manageable/good again, for me!
And that's really neat that you feel such a strong pull towards God & his word!
I so often feel like a ribbon weaving back and forth through His word and then out again. But it is my desire also.
Have a good weekend!
Love, Aleah

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the scripture!! Thanks for the update - you are a wonderful mommy to those two lucky boys!!

About Me

My Photo
*WIFE* to a great man *MAMA* to Parker, Griffin & Hollyn *BLESSED* to be living out this dream & always... longing to be *LOVELY*

Our Family

Our Family

Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved