2.23.2007

he has turned me into a softy...


I've totally become a softy. It really is quite pathetic because I used to laugh at people like this. I really thought that when the second baby came along that I would be as laid back as when Parker was a baby. Parker exercised the whole nine months inside of me so he came out really strong and ready to take on the world. I never treated him like he was fragile and was rarely concerned about the little things that you often hear of first time moms fretting about. As I've mentioned numerous times before, Griffin barely moved for nine months and is continuing that practice out in the real world. He is certainly healthy, but he seems so much smaller and fragile than Parker ever was. He just loves to snuggle and to be held...and hates to be cold. Here are a few of the things that I cannot believe I've been doing as a 2nd time mama:

  • I have found myself turning on a space heater in the bedroom so he doesn't get cold when I dress him.
  • I also use a humidifier in the room because I don't want his small nasal passages to become plugged.
  • Sometimes I feel like I'm going to hurt him when I pick him up because he seems so delicate...I always tell him that I'm sorry:)
  • I refused to touch or even look at his circumcision and belly button until they were healed....Daddy's duty!
  • He fell asleep in bed with me last night because I thought he was lonely...ugh!
  • I've bought three different brands of diapers to try and find the one that doesn't cause irritation.
  • I actually use baby detergent this time!
  • I use chapstick on his lips and a file for his fingernails.
  • I use tons of hand sanitizer.
  • I left the room for the PKU heel prick because I couldn't handle it.
Oh, and there are so many more absurd things that I do...I could go on and on! What is it with me? What have I become? Parker was supposed to be the one I did this with...aren't I doing all of this a little out of order? I guess I can't blame it on just being "pregnant & crazy" anymore! I don't know...but I do know I need to settle down a bit:)

5 comments:

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

I did the same thing with my second son - and I think I know why!
Suddenly, Parker seems so big to you, and Griffin is so small. You know how fast time goes - and you really want to cherish it!
Don't worry about being a softy - he's a baby! He loves it! :)

Kelsey said...

Oh my goodness Mimes, you are too cute! Telling Griffin you're sorry, using a space heater, chapstick, sleeping with him because he's lonely? What amazing ways to show your little boy how much you love him. You are not a softy at all...you have just learned to adapt to the needs of BOTH of your little boys and their different personalities...and that is such a gift to have! I know that when Parker and Griffin are older, they are going to say to all of their friends, "I have the best mama in the world." And I completely agree! I love you. :)

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

I think its sweet... Maybe these are things that you wished you'd done with Parker and are doing them with Griffin. Regardless, I think you're an amazing mom!

PS So far, with the exception of being peed on, there is no difference between boys and girls. =)

Anonymous said...

You are too cute! And only you would look that beautiful seconds after having surgery - and still on the operating table! :) Your boys are so blessed... but I know you feel you are the one that has been blessed - and you have! ~ Julie

Mary Jo said...

I like to think it's an age thing. We mellow out with time and realize that they aren't small forever. I am doing the same crazy things with our new one.

Found you via Jenn's blog!

About Me

My Photo
*WIFE* to a great man *MAMA* to Parker, Griffin & Hollyn *BLESSED* to be living out this dream & always... longing to be *LOVELY*

Our Family

Our Family

Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved