11.01.2006

Works For Me Wednesday


This is a last minute post before I get ready for bed ... and don't you dare look at what time I'm posting this:)

Here is what works for me today: toothpaste as jewellery cleaner. I asked a jeweller once about how I could clean my wedding ring at home and he said that they actually use toothpaste at the store. So I just whip out an old toothbrush, apply some paste and gently scrub away. I have found that I can get my ring cleaner at home than if I ask someone to do it with their big machine. Make sure you put the stopper in the sink if you are working over it...I have had a few close calls!

Now I'm off to bed...enjoy your clean rings!

For more tips like this, visit Rocks In My Dryer.

6 comments:

Larae said...

Thanks so much for sharing this! I was just researching online the other day for tips on cleaning my rings, I found one for white vinegar and it didn't work the way I wanted it to. I'll try this out =)

Andi said...

Hey you stinker! I have been checking your blog all day, hoping for pictures of Parker in that giraffe costume, and instead this!? :)

I guess I'll forgive you. It DOES sound like a great tip. You just better post those pictures tomorrow because I am dying to see my cutie nephew! Love you guys!

P.S. I posted mine of Audrey as a ladybug :)

Vicky said...

Thanks for the tip :) You should also try puting it in a cup of water with a little bit of dish washing liquid, and set it overnight.That;s how keep mine clean

Vicky

Vicky said...

Sorry for the bad grammer, its time for bed

Vicky

Munchkin Land said...

As far as the time goes, I'm right there with you. I think both Devyn and I were in bed by 8:30 last night. *Sigh* Don't you love being pregnant?!?

I agree with Andi, I was hoping for pictures of Parker in his costume. Maybe today, huh?!

Elise said...

Wow - I think this is the best Works for me Wednesday tip I have ever seen! I'm always wishing I could get my ring as clean as when I take it to a jeweler - and we live in a very small town, so that rarely happens.
Thanks so much!

About Me

My Photo
*WIFE* to a great man *MAMA* to Parker, Griffin & Hollyn *BLESSED* to be living out this dream & always... longing to be *LOVELY*

Our Family

Our Family

Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved