10.20.2006

Happy to be...


moving forward, living my life today, in the moment...

...These are all things that I'm feeling lately. I feel like I've just recently started moving forward in life again. I'm experiencing my life again instead of watching it happen to me. I haven't really sorted out why I have felt so restless in past months and years and I've tried so hard not to desire to be in the past or in the future, but I just haven't been successful. *I was thinking the other day about how I haven't even cheated this year and listened to Christmas music yet. Sorta sounds silly but I think that it is telling. I don't want it to be Christmas time yet because I am enjoying the season we're in so much. In the same way, I don't wish that it was still summer. *I'm not wishing that Parker was a little younger or a little older--I love his age and I just wish I could freeze time. *I don't even wish that this little baby was here yet. I'm certainly looking forward to meeting the little one, but I'm really enjoying getting to know him/her right now. It is a special type of intimacy that mother's get to share with their unborn babies. I'm so thankful that I'm over the toughest part of pregnancy. Now I get to enjoy the wonderful, maternal feeling of carrying life while not carrying around a ton of weight. *I'm also excited again to be meeting new friends and cultivating relationships while just a few months ago, I didn't quite feel ready. *I'm really loving my home. I liked it before but now I feel like I can make it mine. I even took a picture of our garage and the leaves around it! I even love our garage:)

There are so many more things that I could list that I am feeling good about....and maybe I will later.

Here are a few pictures of the everyday life that I'm so happy about right now. Parker and I took another trip up north with MOM'S club for a hay ride, pumpkins, doughnuts, and apples. I think it was more fun for Parker than mom...it was so much work for me because I had to carry two children much of the time:) There is another picture of Parker at our park smiling because he was so proud of himself for going down the big slide. And the other picture is of our park that we live right by. We are so blessed to live in such a beautiful place.



5 comments:

Wendy said...

Great thoughts. It is so easy to be looking ahead and thinking things will be better when...
We are not guaranteed a tomorrow, so it is so true that we should enjoy today and make the best of it.

Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

I am in complete agreement with you daughter--right now, right here is a good time and place to be. The Lord and I pretty much had that conversation this morning. And I love the new photos! They are even better on the post than on the camera and there is something quite special about the garage/leaves scene! (We just have to unburden you of the extra stuff IN the garage) Halo boy does photogragh well with sepia, doesn't he :)
The sewing machine is up and ready to go! Love you.
Mom

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

I know exactly what you mean about getting to know this little one growing inside us. I often tell newly pregnant friends to enjoy this time as much as possible, its the only time mothers get to keep the baby to themselves without "having" to share them with everyone else. I've just recently started enjoying this pregnancy within the past 2-3 weeks. I love this stage!

I couldn't agree more about freezing time though. Devyn turns two next month and I find myself wanting to keep her just like this. Not having to share myself with another child and getting to focus all my attention and love on her. I completely agree with your mom. "Right here, right now."

And Amy, I'm so grateful to have met you through this blogosphere. I feel that we have so much in common and would be close friends if we lived near each other. I thank God for you, my friend!

T.S. Eliot said...

I love the garage picture! Very beautiful... you should definitely print that one.

Anonymous said...

Amy, I love this post! Your thoughts on life right now and your pregnancy are so beautiful, and I feel like I really can relate to so much of what you are experiencing. It is such a great feeling to feel completely content where you are at in life- like you said- not wanting to be in the past or in the future, but just enjoying and treasuring where you are TODAY. I definitely feel it too- especially with Audrey. I too love the age she is at right now and am not ready to move on! Anyways, thanks for sharing! I love you!

P.S. Thank you so much for the sweet package in the mail for Audrey :)

P.P.S. Have you started "The Time Traveler's Wife" yet? I'd love to chat with you about it and what you think of it...

About Me

My Photo
*WIFE* to a great man *MAMA* to Parker, Griffin & Hollyn *BLESSED* to be living out this dream & always... longing to be *LOVELY*

Our Family

Our Family

Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved