10.25.2006

The Half Birthday!

I realized that I missed an important post...Parker's 1/2 birthday:) I have been finding that the second year of life is going even faster than his first. Oh no! Here is my boy in pictures: First 3 pics are from the day after birth (middle one with Auntie Vicky) and 7 weeks. Second 3 are from 5 and 6 months and the third set is current, of course!

I just wanted to edit this to add that I don't even remember Parker looking like this first picture. Aaaahhhh...he is so beautiful and I regret missing this very brief stage:) It isn't because I have just forgotten that they can look this small but I seriously don't have any recollection of his second day! I was seriously loopy and was still repeating my sentences over and over. I think I had a strong reaction to one of the drugs. Good think we have tons of pictures...as you can see!!

I was on a little outing yesterday by myself and I went into Barnes and Noble and drank a decaf latte. I picked up a little book about mothers and sons and I remembered again why I love being my son's mama. One of the quotes said something like this...


*As a baby, your son will always be searching for
your face. This will never change.*

I love this because I fi
nd it to be so true. While little boys are born to be little independent adventurers with all of their car sounds and filthy faces, Parker is always looking for my face for reassurance. I am so blessed.

~I must add that I now feel more excited to have a daughter someday...whether it be in a little over 3 months or down the road. Right now, I'm just enjoying my role as Parker's mama:)



7 comments:

T.S. Eliot said...

Okay, you got me at your mothers-and-sons quote. Now I'm crying! What a beautiful boy you have. Aren't they fun??

Kelsey said...

I just have to say that this post made me cry. Looking at those pictures of Parker during various stages of his life so far made me realize how much I love watching my Little Man grow up. It is such a joy knowing that I have been with him his entire life and that I get to spend many more years by his side. Mimes, you and Joely have raised one amazing little boy!

Love you,

Kels

Anonymous said...

Parker is so cute! I just wish that we got to spend more time with him :( I can't believe that he is already 1 1/2! Give him hugs and kisses from Erik, Audrey, and I! We love you guys!

P.S. I loved your last post too- so many great thoughts on being genuine. Really got me thinking...

Anonymous said...

I love that quote. Thanks for sharing!

Great pictures!

Aleah said...

The quote... I still see that in Ethan : )

Kids are the BIGGEST joy!

Cute pictures, he's a sweet boy!

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

We're in the process of planning Miss Devyn's 2nd birthday party and I find myself so nostalgic with every passing day. This year went SOOO much faster than the first, I just want to freeze time right now.

Thanks for the wonderful mother-son quote. I find myself bonding with Hudson more each day and I can't wait to meet my son!!

Gina said...

hey! so cute!! by the way.. im ready to see a growing girth picture!! :)
love, gina

About Me

My Photo
*WIFE* to a great man *MAMA* to Parker, Griffin & Hollyn *BLESSED* to be living out this dream & always... longing to be *LOVELY*

Our Family

Our Family

Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved