6.21.2006

Works For Me Wednesday

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Visit Rocks In My Dryer to find out more!

I'm unfamiliar with the official rules of blogging. I assume that you aren't supposed to post twice in one day...but I don't care! I've really been wanting to share what works for me this week!

So here's what works for me... I've started to do my major cleaning on Sunday evenings, once Parker is in bed. It may seem like a strange time to clean. I used to do little bits of cleaning all week, but I've found that this works better for me. I put on my chill out music, Tao Of Peace and work peacefully and breathe deeply:)

Okay, side note abot Tao Of Peace...this is the music I chose to help me relax during labor. Well, it helped for the first 25 hours or so, but who really is relaxed during transition?! Anyway, believe it or not, it really brings back good memories, so I use it as my cleaning music. You should check it out!

As a busy mom of a toddler, I have found that there is no better feeling than starting out the week with a clean home. While I'm cleaning, I just prepare myself for the week ahead, and sometimes pray as I clean. I go to bed feeling so relaxed (maybe because of the music) and prepared to start the week with a clean slate. I seem to have less chaos going on in my head on Monday morning and I can focus on just having fun with Parker. I love it! So...that is what works for me.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, that's a great idea - I do a lot of my cleaning on Sunday night, too. I don't like starting the week with a lot of housework! I especially liked your musical suggestion - thank you!
Also, it's YOUR blog - if you want to post twice in one day, go ahead!

Anonymous said...

I really like that music! It IS super relaxing. I'll have to try out your idea for cleaning all at once, too- maybe once we get settled in our new place- too much packing to do right now!
P.S. You can totally post twice in one day! I love reading your writing, so the more the better!

Anonymous said...

Uh, oh. If you're only supposed to post once a day, I am in BIG TROUBLE!!

: )

Anonymous said...

Go ahead and post as many times as you like! I promise I won't alert the Blog Police!

Anonymous said...

Thanks. I find that I get a good bit done at night, too.

And I posted THREE times yesterday on my blog, but yes, I do usually like to keep it organized and only post once a day. I think that WFMW can be an "extra."

Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed by you motivation! I _hate_ cleaning... maybe this will motivate me.

It sounds like you guys did natural childbirth? We had a Bradley birth with our Elijah. I look forward to checking out the music you recomended!

Anonymous said...

Good idea! It seems that my house is never clean, also because of my toddler ;).

Anonymous said...

I've posted up to four times in a day before. The once a day rule is dumb....but I don't think it's a rule!!

About Me

My Photo
*WIFE* to a great man *MAMA* to Parker, Griffin & Hollyn *BLESSED* to be living out this dream & always... longing to be *LOVELY*

Our Family

Our Family

Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved