5.22.2006

He's not perfect!

One of my biggest pet-peeves is when parents think their children are perfect and can do no wrong. So I will say right now that Parker is NOT perfect! I've written a few times about how wonderful and special Parker is, which is so true. However, even the most adorable kid on the planet can have a bad moment. Parker has become a toddler and a bit of a stinker at times. He is into throwing items from his stroller/highchair/whatever and then looking at me to wait for my reaction. The first time it was funny....not so funny anymore. I get so frustrated sometimes, which is exactly what he's hoping for! I read an article this morning in the paper about sleep routines for kids, which I agree is so important for kids and adults alike. Thankfully, Parker doesn't have any trouble going to bed but a comment within the article hit home for me: toddlers love to see parents react emotionally to them, it's like a new weapon. So true! This is a weapon that Parker is surely having fun using on me lately. Wow, sin sure starts early. I guess it is an opportunity for me to practice my patience:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, just spend a day with my boys and you'll get a good dose of what else is to come! ; )
Lately it is poo-poo talk, farting talk for Ethan, in public too.

Anonymous said...

hey amy, i totally agree about how they're really not perfect :) Thanks for writing that!! lately Win does this thing where he knows what he is not supposed to touch, and he sticks his hand out to touch it with his eyes closed!!! like that makes a difference. i have to hold back my smile cause its funny...
hey, i really can't wait to hang out with you this summe.r its going to be a riot with our kids :) love, gina

Amy... said...

Gotta love those boys!! I'm glad mine isn't the only one who likes to drive his mama crazy:)

Anonymous said...

I'm here to say that it is not just boys who can be little stinkers...my sweet girl at this very moment is being very stubborn and refusing to take a nap! She cries and cries and then when I go in to her she just smiles and laughes like its no big deal. No kids are perfect; but they definitely help us grow in patience!!

About Me

My Photo
*WIFE* to a great man *MAMA* to Parker, Griffin & Hollyn *BLESSED* to be living out this dream & always... longing to be *LOVELY*

Our Family

Our Family

Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved