1.18.2014

Kelsey's Chicken Enchilada Soup

Chicken Enchilada Soup

My sister sent this recipe to me via email...her words this time ;) Try it!! So delicious!
 

Ingredients
  • 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes (I used the kind with sweet onion in it)
  • 1 10-ounce package frozen whole kernel corn
  • ½ cup chopped onion
  • ½ cup chopped yellow, green, or red bell pepper (I used red, which is my favorite pepper)
  • 1 10-ounce can red enchilada sauce (I used mild)
  • 1 10.75-ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 1½ cups milk (I used skim)
  • 1 cup shredded Pepper jack cheese (4 ounces)
  • 2 chicken breasts

*In addition to Kelsey's recipe, I added a can of green enchilada sauce, a can of chili beans, minced garlic, 2 Tbl lime juice,  a can of evap skim milk in place of the milk...and cilantro at the end! 

Instructions
  1. In a 3½ to 5 quart slow cooker, combine drained beans, tomatoes, corn, onion, and bell pepper. Place 2 chicken breasts on top of mixture. In a large bowl, whisk together enchilada sauce and soup. Gradually whisk in milk until smooth. Pour sauce mixture over ingredients in cooker.Cover; cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
  2. Remove chicken and cut or shred into bite sized pieces (I shredded it). Add chicken back into soup.
  3. Top with pepper jack cheese (I used Mexican Four Cheese - not as spicy!) and serve. Can also be topped with avocado, sour cream, or crushed tortilla chips (definitely added chips!). Note: if the soup is too thick for you, just add a little more milk after it's all cooked.



1 comments:

Kelsey said...

I'm so glad you like it!! And leave it to you to get all creative and add more yummy ingredients :) Technically, the comments in the first half weren't mine (copied and pasted from whoever posted it on pinterest!) I'm definitely all about the 2% milk and I don't use tomatoes with sweet onions in them ;) But I will claim the parenthetical comments in the second half :)

About Me

My Photo
*WIFE* to a great man *MAMA* to Parker, Griffin & Hollyn *BLESSED* to be living out this dream & always... longing to be *LOVELY*

Our Family

Our Family

Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved