11.16.2010

thankful

Today, I am thankful for the things that aren't always obvious.

Thank you, God, for....
*children that have colds and fevers. But healthy and strong and have access to medicine.
*feeling such a burden on my heart to pray and hope for our friends.
*feeling physically worn out at the end of each day...because I've been so busy doing what I love.
*for the freezing wind because it reminds me that we've been given such an amazing place to call home.
*for the stuff of life that is too much to walk through....because the beauty of a community of imperfect people coming together and loving like we should is miraculous.
*for a baby that keeps me up during the night....because I get to hold her. I will never take this for granted.
*for the laundry I am never caught up on and the house that is downright disgusting. We have clothes to keep us warm and space to let things go!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

5 comments:

~Sue said...

Good morning to my dear, dear daughter. Your cup is full to running over as you are choosing thankfulness. You continue to "live your life like a hardwood floor!" what a lovely lesson learned from 'Providence!' Love you.
----(oo)----
ps- the character is my attempt to draw like Griffin- my arms are stretched wide to hug you. :)

Blomgrens said...

Hey Amy, I found your blog and wanted to comment on this beautiful post. I am thankful for so many of the same things and it's a great reminder to stop and realize how blessed we are. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.

Amy Hook said...

What lovely thoughts. I agree. There is much to be thankful for - even in the things that can drive us crazy ;). Love you!

Dan said...

"for the stuff of life that is too much to walk through....because the beauty of a community of imperfect people coming together and loving like we should is miraculous."

Amen.

Joel said...

Well that was a tear-jerker. I'm thankful for an amazing wife to walk through this insanity with. I love you endlessly.

About Me

My Photo
*WIFE* to a great man *MAMA* to Parker, Griffin & Hollyn *BLESSED* to be living out this dream & always... longing to be *LOVELY*

Our Family

Our Family

Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved