3.26.2008

a heart of hope

Our message at church on Easter Sunday was centered on hope. Very moving and poignant. I came across this psalm yesterday and it has really settled in my heart....I love it!

Psalm 131 ~ The Message

God, I'm not trying to rule the roost,
I don't want to be king of the mountain.
I haven't meddled where I have no business
or fantasized grandiose plans.

I've kept my feet on the ground,
I've cultivated a quiet heart.
Like a baby content in its mother's arms,
my soul is a baby content.

Wait, Israel, for God. Wait with hope.
Hope now; hope always!



5 comments:

Becca in Texas said...

Beautiful. That is an awesome passage. Thank you for bringing it to my attention today.

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful - thank you for sharing, Ame.

:)

Oh, and I LOVE the song by Alison Krauss - it is one of my faves!

Liz Ferguson said...

Wow, I really like the way that Psalm is put in the Message. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Sandy said...

Hi Amy - I love the Message. It makes such sense to me. Thanks for sharing the message of hope.

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy
I love your blog! I just stumbled upon it tonight... It's all really lovely and so true!

I also love your music list! I love every song... would you mind if I pinched your song list to start building my own from? I am just starting my first blog ever tonight! Eeek... I am so excited!

Ruth xx
tinley@e-wire.net.au

About Me

My Photo
*WIFE* to a great man *MAMA* to Parker, Griffin & Hollyn *BLESSED* to be living out this dream & always... longing to be *LOVELY*

Our Family

Our Family

Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved