9.11.2007

rest

Sometimes the most urgent and vital thing you can possibly do is take a complete rest.

~Ashleigh Brilliant



I was talking with a family member the other day about how we agree whole-heartedly with this quote. I think this Ashleigh Brilliant person is, indeed, brilliant. I'm still sick, and unless I stay fairly loaded up with ibuprofen or Tylenol, I feel constant muscle aches. So I'm just exhausted and achey.

I was so tired after lunch today that I desperately tried to get both boys to bed early so I could rest. I never nap during the day because, as you know, there is just too much to get done. But it was one of those times when I could barely get the words out straight as I was tucking Parker in...I was that tired. I left the disaster in the house for later--food smeared over the floor and all- and hit the sack. For Two Hours!!! I was so giddy when I woke up, I didn't even care much that my body ached. I had just take a two hour nap during the day....and best of all, the boys were still sleeping! It was glorious. I highly recommend the adult nap in the middle of the day--we all need a little rest and refreshing once in a while. However, it is now 7 pm and I'm ready for bed again...

8 comments:

Jennisa said...

I also am a fan of the afternoon naps! Hope you get in the habit of doing it A LOT! They are glorious!

Kati said...

Amen to the afternoon nap!!! It doesn't happen around here as much as I'd like, but that's okay...once in a while is better than never!

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Sarah said...

nothing like a good, much needed nap! I'm with you, it's so hard for me to nap during the day when I feel like there is so much to be done, but when the rare occasion comes, it really does feel good. Can't wait to see you very soon!
Love, Sarah

Jennifer said...

I have been doing that almost every day on this vacation. Almost like clock-work, I'm in bed for a good hour or two nap. [[Smiling sheepishly.]] I have loved every moment of them.

I really hope you're feeling better soon! Miss you and we'll catch up soon.

Sandy said...

Dear Amy,
I loved your comment on my blog today -- and of course! I'd love to answer any questions and help you along! My pleasure :)
Maybe we'll meet one day too (both on West Coast!)
As far as naps ... I SO remember when both (or all 3) of my kids went down for a nap and I'd get one. It was "heavenly," and to this day, I still sneak one in here and there :)
Love your blog and your sweet family.
Sandy

Elise said...

Definitely great if you are sick, yes indeed. But if I take a nap when I'm NOT sick, then I can't sleep at night. Then I need to get up early... and it's a vicious cycle.

Drink your tea, lay low. You *get* to! What a privilege!

Aleah said...

Sounds good to me!
What fun the kids that don't nap could have while I sleep! ;)

Glad you were able to rest I had that same achey flu like cold late Spring. It is NO fun! I did lay down with my ears open....
Hope you're feeling better today!

Liz said...

Love the quote! :) I totally agree. Naps are great...would love to take them more often. But, every once in awhile works great too.

Hope you are felling better soon.

About Me

My Photo
*WIFE* to a great man *MAMA* to Parker, Griffin & Hollyn *BLESSED* to be living out this dream & always... longing to be *LOVELY*

Our Family

Our Family

Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved