8.01.2006

Splatter paint thoughts...


Sometimes I cannot figure out what I want to write about because I have so many little things running through my head. Here are a few...

~I found this picture of Parker on our camera this morning. Joel must have taken it when I was in the shower. Parker thinks he is so cool in his shades and my hat!

~I'm tired of eating. I never thought I'd say that but I am so hungry and everything sounds gross. Well, not everything. I'd really like to eat a box of maple bars but I.will.not.eat.those.things:) If I told you everything I ate yesterday, you would be amazed.

~You know what is better than a totally helpless baby that needs to be cuddled all the time? An independent little one who chooses to be cuddled. Parenting gets better and better everyday.

~Joel and I have decided that responsibility sometimes stinks. I'm sure you will all agree...

~I'm learning that I have an easier time forgiving people who hurt me than forgiving people who hurt those that I love. It is an ugly thing that I'm trying to work on.

~Parker got three shots yesterday and it was a very traumatic experience for both of us. He is at the age that he is old enough to remember what happens in that office but young enough to not understand that it will be over very soon. He cried the entire appointment leading up to the shots. The nurses were arguing about how to administer the shot while I was pinning Parker down and he was having a panic attack. Whatever happened to the cartoon bandaids and lollipops? They could have made him feel a ton more comfortable. We will not be going back to that office again. Can you tell that my mama bear claws are coming out as I write? We did find out that he's growing and developing very well. Parker is still a little squirt...which really surprises me because I think he looks totally normal.

~Gina and I have made a goal that we will both try to make it a point to recognize other children's character before their appearance. So before telling a little one that her dress is cute, tell her that she is a very kind person or that she shares very well. It actually is harder than it sounds. I challenge you all to try to do the same...

~I have my first OB appointment tomorrow and I'm really hoping to hear the heartbeat. I remember when we first heard Parker's little heart. It is something that I'll never forget.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, good luck with the appointment tomorrow! I'll keep my fingers that you get to hear that precious heartbeat. =) Hear, hear on the food. Hate the thought of it, but I know I'd better do it or pay the consequences.

We're trying very hard to make a big deal on things like sharing, or being a good friend. Things that can go unrecognized. It is hard to highlight a child's character, but I'm sure the rewards will be worth it in the end.

Anonymous said...

Good thoughts. I think that is a great thing to do, complimenting on character rather than appearance first. I recently found myself always telling my middle daughter how pretty she is,how nice her hair looked, or how pretty her dress was. We've been trying to tell her compliment her on sharing, obeying right away, and doing nice things for others.

Hearing the heartbeat is always so wonderful. I cried all 3 times.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear about your first OB appointment!

Ella is due for her shots. She screams. The nurses at my kids Doctors office seem to always act like it's their first time giving them?! My claws are out too... already!

Anonymous said...

So many things to comment on!

Poor Parker at the doctor's office! I am dreading the day when Audrey realizes what's coming when we go in for shots.

I can't wait to hear about your appointment! I hope you get to hear the heartbeat- that is always so exciting and makes it all feel more real.

I hate responsibility too sometimes.

I definitely agree with you on trying to work at complimenting kids on their character rather than their looks. It is really hard though; something that you have to really be conscious of, especially with girls! Its so easy to say "You look so cute" etc.. ect.

I can't wait to see you guys next weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your commitment to recognizing a child's character before their appearance! I hadn't really thought about it, but I always tell my niece she looks cute, nice in her new dress, etc. I'm going to work on that also! Thanks for the thought!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that picture of Parker.So silly & cute
I miss my little guy

Vicky

Anonymous said...

How old is Parker? My 19 month old son dislikes doctor's appointments now too because he remembers that shots are involved. He cried the minute we entered the exam room during his 18 month appointment.

I like your splatter paint thoughts list. :)

About Me

My Photo
*WIFE* to a great man *MAMA* to Parker, Griffin & Hollyn *BLESSED* to be living out this dream & always... longing to be *LOVELY*

Our Family

Our Family

Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved