6.27.2006

Questions for God

Since becoming a mother, I have all of these new questions for God that relate to Him being our Father! Motherhood changes your perspective. This is an understatement, I know! I want to share a few that have been in my head lately.

~Do you ache for us when we're apart?
~How big is that lump in your throat when you see us suffer?
~Does it hurt to love so much and how do you keep that ache at bay?
~What does it feel like to have eternal patience...and can you share some?!
~Do you have to catch your breath when we tell you we love you?
~Are you ever tempted to run your fingers over our "imperfections" because you think they are perfect?
~Do you stare at us for hours while we're asleep?
~Do you ever want to wake us up just so you can spend time with us?
~Do you ever want to jump for joy when you see us enjoying our gifts or we explore our passions?
~Do you marvel at the texture or our hair, the color of our eyes, the shape of our lips....?
~Do you ever laugh at our creative ways of saying "no"?
~Do you ever feel ultimate love and frustration at the very same time?
~Are you counting the days until we can come home to be with you?

What are some questions that you have for God that are related to being our Father? Please Share!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, those were perfect and so true! One of my questions would be, does it hurt you to say no to something I want so badly even though its in my best interest to not have it?

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to be a mom and I know that I'll ask all of the questions you wrote along with...
"How do I show my children grace without enabling them?"

Anonymous said...

Do you peek in to check on us over and over each day?
I believe that chidren have a special language and connection to God that is so pure and untouched. That you communicate directly to their hearts and they are unscathed enough to recognize it. Is that true?

About Me

My Photo
*WIFE* to a great man *MAMA* to Parker, Griffin & Hollyn *BLESSED* to be living out this dream & always... longing to be *LOVELY*

Our Family

Our Family

Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved